A Revolutionary Breakthrough in Rotary Kiln Burner Technology with a Proven Record of Success.
HOW IT WORKS:
Maintaining the proper heat profile of a rotary kiln is of the utmost importance in realizing the lowest Btu per ton of production as well as the highest quality product. To achieve the optimum burner flame shape and the most efficient combustion possible, the rate of mixing of both the air and fuel through the burner is paramount. NorthStar ProflameTM Rotary Kiln Burners are capable of adjusting the flame shape and intensity while in continuous operation with no shutdown necessary. This has the effect of eliminating costly downtime and process temperature fluctuations that may otherwise affect your kiln’s heat profile and overall efficiency. In other words, although the rotary kiln burner is custom engineered for your specific target burning rate an operator may reconfigure the burner with simple, easy to perform adjustments should production parameters dictate a change in fuel consumption or flame shape. ProflameTM rotary kiln burners are capable of 10:1 turndown and can operate as much as 50% over the target design firing rate.
Plain and simple, the NorthStar ProflameTM Rotary Kiln Burner is the highest performance, trouble-free rotary kiln burner money can buy.
- Operator-friendly: Simple, easy to perform adjustments allow for the burner to have a wide range of flame shaping ability and combustion optimization over an extreme range of firing capacities
- Efficient: Flame shaping and flame aiming ability allow the user optimum control of the kiln’s heat profile which result in highest product quality and the lowest Btu/ton of production in the industry
- Versatile: Can be designed for any rotary kiln process or stoichiometric air requirement including kilns with high levels of reintrained secondary combustion air (tube coolers) to maximize system heat recovery
- Low emissions: Clean burning and efficient dual annulus gas gun with unique adjustable gas orifice minimize burner emissions such as NOx and VOC.
- Superb burner turndown: Dual air zones feature an inner zone with swirl air diffuser for maximum fuel/air mixing surrounded by an enveloping outer air annulus. It’s like two burners in one.
- Multi-fuel capability: Burners can be designed to operate on single or multiple fuels simultaneously. Capabilities include natural gas, propane, steam, air and mechanically atomized fuel oils, methanol, hydrogen, ncg/trs gas, petroleum coke, pulverized coal and other solid fuels
- Industrial hardened: Heavy-duty quality material construction features high-grade stainless steel alloys on components where exposed to the hot process or corrosive fuels and/or materials. Additional stainless reinforced refractory is factory pre-cured and added to the outer blast pipe preventing uneven heating and warping